Was offsite today at a jeans-acceptable training, so I felt comfortable dressing a little more casual/funky than I usually do at the office.
I was also fortunate enough to get home before it got dark today. I use the word "fortunate" lightly because this also meant I was visible to neighbors… After a few jumps through the air, I heard, "Katy – want some help with those pictures? Looks kind of difficult to capture yourself jumping through the air."
That was my across-the-street neighbor, Ray. I blushed and told him I was playing with new tripod for my camera, and trying to take a few photos for the ole blog. Then I tucked my tail in between my legs and went back inside.
This is a pretty reasonably priced outfit, with 4 of my 6 items being thrift store finds.
– GAP men's shirt (reminds me of military fatigues) — brand new from Goodwill (Lavista Road) for $4
– Kenar comfy black dress with gold zippers and gold rivets (also from Goodwill, but in Holland, Michigan) – $5
– Sam & Libby grey suede slouch boots (care of the 'rents for Christmas)
– Footless lace tights (Tar-jay for $10)
– Lightweight scarf from my fave affordable jewelry/accessory place in Atlanta: Hurs. See more about my lurve for Hurs here. $6
– Stretchy/art-deco belt — $2 at Salvation Army ions ago and I still love it
On my to do list:
– Figure out this wacky weather (70 degrees one day, 40 the next? That makes for tough wardrobe choices!))
– Look less goofy in front of neighbors
(If you haven't entered for my $100 CSNstores.com giveaway, you totally should! Read all the deets here.)